Tuesday, April 1, 2008

More great news!! The Army is looking at complimentary healing.

Well what an amazing opening. Looks like the government is ready for some new ideas. My guess is they've got a bigger problem than they have answers for and have already started seeing some successes from the alternative/complementary health arena.

It's wonderful that they are ready to look into ANYTHING to find some help for this new population. OK, well not new. Ask any WW1 vet, WW2 vet, Korean war vet, Vietnam vet, Falkland vet, Gulf War vet, Afghanistan vet or Iraq vet about PTSD. It hasn't always been called that but it's always been the result of war.

And it does show an exciting potential for healing!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been guided to your page by a "Google" search, so please excuse any ignorance on my part of your material.

Your message indicates that the government is looking into alternative healthcare for veterans suffering from PTSD, and I am wondering what evidence you may have available about this subject?

I am a Reiki healer and have recently been investigating the possibility of developing a program to present to the VA in order to bring energy healing into the current Pain Management protocols. The current directive that the VA uses for Pain Management expires at the end of May, and it is my firm belief that new guidelines will enhance the introduction of alternatives to traditional approaches for Pain Management. I would appreciate any sort of information that you be able to provide me that will assit in documenting the current trends in alternative healthcare relating to the VA.

Please feel free to email me at: jrobin8168@aol.com with anything that you may have, or with any questions.

Thank you so much,
JoAnne Robinson